Monday, May 6, 2013

Safeguard the Front Door

Great title, right?  In response to my recent blog on Candidate References, an associate forwarded an article to me for my reading pleasure.  While I can't identify who wrote it or when, I felt I needed to share a portion of it.  He/she did a fabulous job in writing this.  So, here goes .. .

"Rule one in minimizing risky behavior is to prevent questionable job candidates from ever becoming employees.  It isn't enough to study resumes closely; studies have shown that over 50% of them contain inaccuracies.  Basic controls include employment and background checks.  As a recent example, a simple background check would have saved the Yahoo board the trouble of ousting Scott Thompson, the company's fourth CEO in five years, because he falsely claimed a computer science degree.  A growing number of companies conduct behavioral and honesty testing to screen employees."

Paperwork people.  It's all about paperwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment